Teaching skills get more and more relevant for young researchers who plan their professional future in academia. The BSRT in cooperation with the “Berliner Zentrum für Hochschullehre” offers therefore the workshop:The four-day course will focus on the basics of teaching and learning at universities with a special emphasis on teaching in the biomedical fields.
In this interactive workshop participants will learn how to carry out goal- and audience-oriented teaching, lectures and presentations and practice teaching activities such as articulating learning goals, planning class sessions, and designing assessments. Participants will analyze specific teaching situations and learn to facilitate student learning in different situations. The workshop also provides the opportunity for participants to develop their own course.
- Participants are able to plan their courses stundent-oriented
- Participants are able to foster students learning
- Participants are able to design an appropriate assessment
- Participants know different parts of the teaching role and are able to choose them adequatly according to the specific teaching situation
- Participants present complex scientific subjects well structured and clearly.
Who should attend:
This course is suitable for Postdocs with little to no experience in teaching but could also be of interest for more advanced lecturers aiming to refresh or complement their didactic expertise. Advanceds Doctoral students who want to gain some teaching experience at the BSRT are also welcome. A maximum of 14 people can attend.
This course is part of Module 1 of the “Berliner Zentrum für Hochschullehre” and will be accepted for the Habilitation at the Charité.
Language: The workshop language is German, but can be provided in English if required.