|Mechanics||23.10.2019 09:00 - 17:00||Ernesto Scoppola||Cranach House 0.0043|
|Mechanics||24.10.2019 09:00 - 17:00||Ernesto Scoppola||Cranach House 0.0043|
|Mechanics||25.10.2019 09:00 - 13:00||Ernesto Scoppola||MPIKG|
Description: In this course the basic tools for the description and measurement of mechanical material behaviour will be presented.
Part A, day 1+2:
- Classification of materials (crystalline, amorphous, compounds)
- Intrinsic electromagnetic interactions
- Introduction of a constitutive law
- Stress-strain curves
- Elastic Theory: Hooke's law, Isotropy, Anisotropy, Technical vs. Engineering Constants
- Plastic Deformation: Toughness, Strength
Part B (seminar), day 3:
- Students will solve basic mechanical problems related to research in regenerative therapies
Course Material and Techniques:
Ashby and Jones, 2005, Engineering Materials volumes 1 and 2, 3rd Ed.
L.D. Landau and E.M. Lifschitz, Theory of Elasticity, Butteworth-Heinemann, 1986. ISBN: 978-0750626330
T.H. Courtney, Mechanical behavior of materials, McGraw-Hill, Singapore 1990.
W.P. Mason, Physical Acoustics and the Properties of Solids, D.Van Nostrand Company, New York, 1958.