BSRT Graduate School

What visa do I need to enter Germany?


If you are not German or a citizen of the European Union you will need a visa (d-type) for entering Germany. You will receive an official invitation letter from the BSRT coordination office with which you can apply for a visa. Please contact your local German Embassy as early as possible and apply for an initial (d-type), temporary single entry visa. If you want to return to your home country within two month after you arrived in Germany you need to apply for a multiple entry visa. Do not apply for a tourist visa, because this is not sufficient and would require that you return to your home country after a few month!

More information about entry visa for Germany