BSRT Graduate School

Do I have to pay tax?


Stipends are tax free. If you have an employment contract (not a stipend) you will have to pay tax and need therefore an income tax card (Lohnsteuerkarte) of the current year which has to be given to the personnel department. The tax office issues this document. You can for instance go to the tax office in Wedding.