BSRT Graduate School

Do I have to pay tax?


Stipends are tax free. If you have an employment contract (not a stipend) you will have to pay tax and need therefore a tax ID number (Steuerliche Identifikationsnummer). You should receive a letter with the tax ID number by post after you have registered your address at the "Bürgeramt". If you did not recieve this letter or lost the tax ID number you can request it again through this form. The tax ID number will only be send by post and it can take up to 4 weeks.