Travel grants to present at international conferences
Doctoral and postdoctoral researchers of the BSRT are encouraged to attend international conferences dealing with regenerative therapies. The BSRT can offer travel grants to doctoral and postdoctoral researchers of the BSRT. A short application with the reasons of why this conference is important has to be submitted to the BSRT coordination office. Please use the form provided for application for a BSRT travel grant which can be accessed after login and can be found in the download area of the BSRT website. The application should also include the submitted abstract and an estimate of the entire costs. Travel grant holders are obliged to travel economically. It must be also mentioned if other travel grants are available for this conference and if the applicant will also submit an application to the other funding body.
Travel grants are granted depending on the quality of the abstract, merit, and relevance of the conference. Travel grants can only be given if money is available in the BSRT budget. The BSRT will pay a maximum of € 1000 for conferences overseas and a maximum of € 500 for conferences within Europe. Doctoral or postdoctoral researchers who have not yet received a travel grant will receive funding in prevalence to those who already received funding. Travel Grants to German National Meetings will not be supported. Within four weeks of returning from the conference doctoral or postdoctoral researchers, who received a BSRT travel grant, will have to give a presentation summarizing the conference. This presentation can be organised within the own research group. However, it must be open to all members of the BSRT and shall be announced through the BSRT coordination office at least three days in advance.
There will be four submission deadlines per year:
31 January ⋅ 30 April ⋅ 31 July ⋅ 31 October
- The completed application form. It can be accessed after login and can be found in the download area.
- The submitted conference abstract.
- The BSRT supervision agreement if it has not yet been submitted to the BSRT coordination office.
- A copy of the "Zulassung zur Promotion" if it has not yet been submitted to the BSRT coordination office.
- The minutes and progress reports of the mentoring committee meetings if they have not yet been submitted to the BSRT coordination office.