Travel grant to present at international conferences
Doctoral researchers of the BSRT are encouraged to attend international conferences dealing with regenerative therapies. The BSRT can offer travel grants to doctoral researchers of the BSRT who want to give a poster or oral presentation at an international conference. A short application with the reasons of why this conference is important has to be submitted to the BSRT coordination office. Please use the application form for a travel grant which can be requested from the BSRT coordination office. The application should also include the submitted abstract for the poster presentation or talk and an estimate of the entire costs. Travel grant holders are obliged to travel economically. It must be also mentioned if other travel grants are available for this conference and if the applicant will also submit an application to the other funding body.
Travel grants are granted depending on the quality of the abstract, merit, and relevance of the conference. Travel grants can only be given if money is available in the BSRT budget. The BSRT will pay a maximum of € 1000 for conferences overseas and a maximum of € 500 for conferences within Europe. Doctoral researchers who have not yet received a travel grant will receive funding in prevalence to those who already received funding. Travel Grants to German National Meetings will not be supported.
There will be four submission deadlines per year:
31 January ⋅ 30 April ⋅ 31 July ⋅ 31 October
- The completed application form. It can be accessed after login and can be found in the download area.
- The submitted conference abstract.
- The BSRT supervision agreement if it has not yet been submitted to the BSRT coordination office.
- A copy of the university admission for the doctorate if it has not yet been given to the BSRT coordination office.
- The project proposal, progress reports and minutes of the thesis committee meetings if they have not yet been given to the BSRT coordination office.