Allowance for lab exchanges
Doctoral and postdoctoral researchers of at the BSRT are encouraged go on a lab exchange with international partner institutes to learn new approaches which will help them to progress in their research work. The BSRT can support doctoral and postdoctoral researchers of the BSRT by paying an allowance for the first three months for their trip abroad. The allowance is in accordance with the DFG guidelines (please click her for further details).
An application with the detailed description of the research that will be conducted during the lab exchange and the reasons why this lab exchange is important for the progress of the own research project has to be submitted to the BSRT coordination office. Please use the form provided for application for a lab exchanges which can be accessed after login and can be found in the download area of the BSRT website. The application must also mention if other grants are available for this lab exchange and if the applicant will also submit an application to the other funding bodies. The allowance for the lab exchange is granted depending on the quality of the proposed research and the justification for the lab exchange. The allowance for a lab exchanges can only be given once to each doctoral or postdoctoral researcher. Up to four young scientists can be funded per year. Lab exchanges to labs in Germany will not be supported.
Within four weeks of returning from the lab exchange, the doctoral or postdoctoral researcher, who received an allowance, will have to give a presentation summarizing their research conducted at the international partner lab. This presentation can be organised within their own research group, but it must be open to all members of the BSRT and must be announced through the BSRT coordination office at least three days in advance.
There will be four submission deadlines per year:
31 January ⋅ 30 April ⋅ 31 July ⋅ 31 October
- The completed application form. It can be accessed after login and can be found in the download area.
- The invitation of the partner laboratory where the lab exchange will take place.
- The BSRT supervision agreement if it has not yet been submitted to the BSRT coordination office.
- A copy of the "Zulassung zur Promotion" if it has not yet been submitted to the BSRT coordination office.
- The minutes and progress report of the mentoring committee meeting if they have not yet been submitted to the BSRT coordination office.