BSRT Graduate School
Please use only the online application form
- Please use only the online application form provided on this website. The online application form must be completed in English only. To access the application form you have to register first and select "Applicant to the BSRT" in the drowdown "Your Role". Your account will be made active only during the application period. Please do not send any other type of application by post or e-mail as they will be automatically rejected.
- Please do not upload your CV. The online application form provides us with all necessary information. In the application form you will find a field “Motivation” where you should give a personal statement about your academic background, research experience and career goals. This field is very important for your application and you should take time to explain your research interests in your own words and demonstrate how you would fit into the doctoral program. This field replaces your letter of application or personal statement, so please do not upload a separate document with your personal statement.
- You must click on the button “Save and Submit” to finally submit your application. If you fail to do so your application form will be regarded as not submitted. Submission need to be done until the application deadline. Please give yourself enough time and do not wait until the last moment to submit your application otherwise you will have no time to overcome any technical difficulties or any other problems. We receive a large amount of enquires during the last week of the application period and we will not be able to answer any questions regarding your application.
Transcripts and certificates
- We need your academic transcripts and certificates and you must upload PDF or JPG files of these documents in the appropriate fields. All documents and certificates must be either in English or in German. If your documents are in any other language, please submit certified translations only and not the documents in the original language.
- Candidates who are accepted to the program will have to provide all their original documents when they enroll on the program.
- We do not require an extract from your BSc, Master or Diploma Thesis. You should only provide documents which will support your application so please do not overload it with certificates for minor courses.
- We need two confidential references from either your current or former supervisors. In the application form you have to give us the name, postal address and e-mail address of the referees. Be carefull to use a valid e-mail address for the referees. After you saved the entry, automatic e-mails will be send to these e-mail adresses with the request for a reference for you so please make sure they know about your application. You will see if the referee submitted the reference in the progress tree, when a green tick appears.
- You must make sure that both of your referees send their reference in time so that they will arrive in the coordination office no later than the application deadline otherwise your application is not complete and will be automatically rejected.
- We need to know that you have a good command of the English language. Participation in an internationally recognized test such as TOEFL, IELTS or similar tests is therefore highly recommended. You can also ask at your university if they provide an official English test which could be a more cost effective alternative to the TOEFL or IELTS test.
- The test results must arrive in the coordination office no later than the application deadline.
- An English test is not required if you are a native speaker or if you can prove that you did at least two years of your education in English or spent at least one year in an English speaking country. Please complete the field "Other proof of proficiency in English" in the online application form accordingly.
- We do not have an institution code for Education Testing Services (ETS) who provide the TOEFL test. You can uppload a student copy of your results in the online application form. The results should be not older than two years.
- If you have a very good command of English, but cannot provide any evidence, please do not hesitate to contact the coordination office.