BSRT Graduate School
Who Should Submit a Project Proposal to the BSRT
- BSRT stipend holders have to write a project proposal and submit it to the BSRT coordination office within six months of the start of their doctoral project. Within two weeks after submission they shall organise a meeting with their mentoring committee to defend the project proposal.
- Doctoral students who are working in one of the research groups of the BSRT Faculty and who receive their funding through other sources can apply to become associate members of the BSRT by submitting a project proposal to the BSRT coordination office within six months of the start of their doctoral project. Within two weeks after submission they shall organise a meeting with their mentoring committee to defend the project proposal.
What Type of Projects
- The planned project should focus on regenerative medicine and have an interdisciplinary character linking medical, biological or engineering aspects and should satisfy the overall aims of the BSRT.
How to Write the Proposal
- The project proposal must be written only in English. Please keep your project proposal brief and clear. It is in your interest to write the project proposal in a clear and precise manner that will enable a balanced and informed decision to be made by your mentoring committee or the BSRT steering committee.
- Follow the structure given in the form for writing a Project Proposal and answer all questions comprehensively and in keeping with academic custom. Refer correctly to your own and other work in relation to your project.
- The document should be no more than 20 pages long. The project description itself should be 10 pages maximum and should be understandable without referring to other literature. You should comply with the requirements for the maximum number of characters and length of text where indicated.
Who Evaluates the Proposal
- The mentoring committee evaluates the project proposal of the respective BSRT stipend holders or prospective associated members. The BSRT steering committee may check the project proposals to ensure that they are within the scientific goals of the BSRT and to ensure a high academic standard. The BSRT steering committee has the final decision regarding admittance of applicants who want to become associated BSRT members.
Where to Submit the Proposal
- Please send your project proposal by e-mail to the coordination office of the BSRT. You must also send a copy to your mentoring committee.
When to Submit
- There are no specific times to make a submission but the deadline is that your project proposal must be submitted within six months of the start your doctoral project.